Pages

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Frosty the Zone-Man

You know that a game is reaching the end of its life-span when you’re zoning repeatedly between the guild hall and the zoo, slurping down Frosty Tonics and popping off crates of fireworks. I’ve managed to consume 250 tonics this way so far. Only another 1000 to go. It’s arduous, yes, but at least it’s cheap. One stack of tonics costs 10k: 10000/250 = 40g per tonic. Each tonic is 2 points, so each point is only costing me 20g, compare that to the 100g it might usually cost (for the spammable items) and you’ve got a pretty good deal. The only downside is this tiresome zoning which is required, still, I can while away the time listening to podcasts or reading.

I think I’ll stop once I hit God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals. I don’t think I have the heart to strive for a 50/50 Hall of Monuments. Seeing as I’ve already reached the 30/50 required to get all the items and I’ve spent all my money on these blasted tonics, I don’t think I’ll be able to work up the funds required for the obsidian armour, tormented weapons and numerous minipets required to bump that 30 up to 50.

At least Wintersday has brought my Ranger out of retirement. After 5 and a half years his bones are a little creaky, but he’s still a dab hand in a snowball fight and he and his warband make light work of most other nasties which step in their way. Plus, he’s laying the foundations for his children (or however I want to justify a sylvari Mesmer have a human Ranger ancestor).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...